Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Making A House A Home….

Like a mentioned in a past post, we are living in the house of some friends while they are in Tennessee.  It has been such a blessing!  We are so grateful to the Walkers, and even more importantly to our Heavenly Father for being ever mindful of our needs.

So here is a tour of the house, and a look at my attempts to decorate.  I’m by no means am a professional, but I LOVE to decorate, and do DIY home improvement projects.

You walk in the front door and to the left is our front room!

IMG_3006

Heather the home owner has great taste and had already painted the walls.  I love the Torquoise, and already had furniture and pillows and such to go with the color scheme.

IMG_3010

Now if you continue in past the front room you enter our living room….

IMG_3013

 

We spend a lot of our time in here.  Jeff picked out the couch and loveseat. I thought they looked very oriental, so I kind of went with that theme in here.  You can see the bamboo plant in the corner, and then the blind in the opposite corner.

IMG_3014

The couch etc is SURPRISINGLY comfy!

As you can see from the living room you can see the casual dining area, and the kitchen.

IMG_3027

Right off of the dining area is our main floor bathroom. Still toying with exactly how to decorate in here.

IMG_3030 IMG_3032

Here is a better shot of the kitchen….

IMG_3024

Now turning to our right is the formal dining area, which is lacking a table I’m looking for a good deal.  The little hutch we got for free someone was throwing it out and I still need to give it some TLC.  And the dining chairs I got for $6 a piece at goodwill. 

IMG_3020

As you can see this room doubles as our office, with the two file cabinets in the corner and our printer…

IMG_3015

Now up the stairs….

IMG_3033

Kids/Guest Bathroom…..

IMG_3034  IMG_3036

Spare Bedroom….This bedroom set was one that Jeff and I had when we first got married.  It was one he bought off his dad.  He wasn’t finished and I HATED.  But when we moved in here we put it in the garage for a while and Jeff ended up staining and sealing it.  We did a two-tone stain.  The drawers are darker than the main body.  I actually like this bedroom set now…

IMG_3037  IMG_3038

The Nursery…

Before we even had a definite house, I had decided on a giraffe theme for the nursery.  During conference Oct. 2010 I painted the mother baby giraffe painting and did all the other crafts to have them ready for when we DID have them when he came/when he had someone definite to stay.

Kay's nursery

Jeff’s sister Davina was soo awesome and got us our nursery furniture. Crib, rocker, dresser, changing table.  We love aunt Davina!

K nursery2  k nursery 3

And now the Master Bedroom I’m still trying to find stuff to decorate. I’ve got a color sheme, and feel, but just haven’t found the right stuff to really finish it off.

IMG_3047

IMG_3042

IMG_3043

You can see the Vanity and Bathroom off to the left and there is a Walk-In closet just around the corner. WHICH IS AWESOME!!!!

IMG_3039

I’ve seen a few things on Pinterest that I’ve thought of throwing up above the head board….we’ll soo though.

Now the basement in unfinished, but it gets a lot of use!

IMG_3048

Now to the right we have our entertainment area….

IMG_3056

We’ve got a couch, and bed infront of it all for comfortable viewing of whatever we happen to being watching on the projector screen.  Dvd’s and keyboard in the corner.

IMG_3057

Then scan right….

another bed, incase we have a housefull of guests… and the beginning of the kids play area, for when we have friends over.

IMG_3055

Play area….complete with dress up station.

IMG_3054

as we round the corner, we have my favorite area (sense my sarcasm)  The Laundry Station…

IMG_3053

Food Storage ETC.

IMG_3052

Craft Corner…

IMG_3049

And the most important to my sanity and Self Image…my GYM away from the Gym.

IMG_3050

Can’t wait for my bike trainer to here tomorrow!  I got such a good deal and would love to add cycling to my basement workout regimen.  Well that’s all folks! 

1 comment:

KarenM said...

You've got a lot more going on in the basement since I was last there. Your decorating is beautiful.