Thursday, January 1, 2009

We are so Artsy right now.....

Today when jeff got home from work he informed me that he wanted to do a pastel of aurora borealis with a mountainous landscape for his sister Mindy, and that he wanted to run by Michaels to get the materials. And i had been wanting to play around with his wood burner, so we decided i'd do that while he drew and colored........so we picked up some wood, and his supplies, ordered a pizza, and came back and got to work.......


First I decided if i was going to screw up i might as well screw up trying to burn MY face into a slab of wood, it's not perfect, but then again not tooo bad for my first time using a 950 degree piece of metal to draw something.

And it didn't take long at all for me to catch the woodburning bug. As soon as i finished my first masterpiece i wanted to make something for someone else, considering most people wouldn't want a piece of wood with my face on it, plus that'd be pretty tacky for me to give to someone. So a brilliant idea came into my head, i could do a woodburner of my attractive little brother who graduates this year, and it could be the ultimate graduation gift, what 17 year old boy doesn't want a wood burning of himself.......by the way he doesn't look at blogs so i figured it was safe to post pictures of it on here, plus i'm horrible at suprising people.

Here he is the man of the hour. I felt this one was much better than my first attempt at wood burning, i think he'll like it.
Alright enough about me the amateur.....lets talk about jeff the professional artist......here is the genius at work.... And this is the finished product right before he hairsprayed it, and put it in it's lovely frame, to be shipped to his sister. Sorry i didn't get a picture of it framed and all, i'm an impatient woman!
I hope you greatly enjoyed our art show, donations to the ingrid & jeff art fund, can be made payable by cash or check, or gooey choc chip cookies! Love, The Harris Clan






1 comment:

Audrey and Mike Findarle said...

those are so awesome!!! i went through a wood burning phase too. I wasnt too bad at it! You guys are cool