Thursday, June 27, 2013

Delivering Desserts!

We love baking in this house! So we’ll pick up a 72oz bag of chocolate morsels, or let a bunch of bananas go beyond ripe. Sure we love to eat our creations, but even more we love to share them, mostly because we don’t want that stuff sitting around the house.  Truth is it won’t sit around the house long, it will soon find itself sitting in our bowels or in my case taking residents on my thighs. 

Usually we have just a few bananas we let go ripe, however, the last time we went to Costco I grabbed a bunch of bananas, and Jeff grabbed a couple bunches. We get home and are unloading groceries and both say “oh you got bananas too?” So needless to say we had lots of bananas.  Being new in the neighborhood we figured: what a good way to get to know our neighbors! So we took them loaves of banana bread, and it just so happened it was the Memorial Day weekend!

IMG_4766

It’s so fun having a fresh start somewhere and making new friends so this time when I got the itch for chocolate chip cookies I knew just who to share them with….and you know i’m all about the presentation!

front and back view

 

IMG_5833

enscription: “A chocolate chip cookie can make a good day the best.

                        Or go from wallowing sorrows to overly blessed.

                       Their rich gooey goodness can’t seem to be beat.

      Although, making new friendships can taste just as sweet!”

IMG_5824

These are Talenti icecream containers that I repurposed so I was covering up the labels and signage.

IMG_5830 

You may think i’m silly for taking the time to write a poem on a package of cookies, but I just think it’s so fun to try and make someone’s day and let them know that someone is thinking of them.

What’s really sad though, is my kids got all sick after I made these and were a snotty crabby mess so I haven’t ACTUALLY delivered them yet. Hopefully their still soft and yummy by the time I get around to it.

No comments: