Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Busy Baby!

As I have mentioned before Kalvin is sooo busy CONSTANTLY. Here is a good example of what my day is like, I get to play with quite possibly the cutest kid ever. Here he is dancing for me!

Eat your heart out ladies!

Being a mom is soo much fun, especially when he’ll briefly stop exploring to cuddle me or eat, or he just turns from what he’s doing to wrinkle his little noise at me and smile with those big blue eyes.  This IS my dream job!

A few weeks ago I found these awesome wood blocks at our Goodwill and had to get them, and so glad I did!IMG_2909

He LOVES them.  They are one of the first things he wants to play with every morning now.  At first he just had fun knocking over the towers I would make, or trying to eat the blocks.  However now he’s been trying to stack them as well.

IMG_2907

Kalvin also depotted one of my plants and pour the dirt out on the hearth,….then he proceeded to EAT the dirt.  So of course I grab the camera.

IMG_2942

It was actually pretty easy to clean up considering the plan was dead and the dirt was bone dry so it vaccumed right up!  I don’t know if you can tell, but as I was taking this picture I noticed it had the word dirt on his shirt.  So I read it closer….

IMG_2943

How IRONIC is that?!?  I found it pretty amusing….and he was having a good old time too.

Right before our trip to Aspen last month we bought a doggy door.  A good friend of ours was house sitting and dog sitting for us, sooo we thought it the perfect time to FINALLY (and I say finally because we’ve talked about it FOREVER) get a doggy door.  This way, while our friend was at work the dogs wouldn’t be pinned up in the house all day. Well Kalvin has become quite obsessed with the doggy door and will stand there with his head poking out for half an hour sometimes.  Not to mention he has crawled out of it a few times , and started making his way to the yard.

IMG_2846

Kalvin has been throwing tantrums lately.  Not like him, but I think it’s connected to another new development.  He has gotten to where he doesn’t really like ME feeding him.  He like feeding himself.  However he doesn’t have the motor skills to spoon feed himself sooooo we’ve had a lot of finger foods lately.

IMG_2947

my little man is growing up WAY too fast!

IMG_2966  IMG_2968

I find cool things on Pinterest ALL the time, sooo the other day I had seen a rainbow cake on there, and decided to give it a try!  I used a lemon cake mix, and strawberry icing.  Jeff thought it tasted like Fruity Pebbles.  Whatever it tasted like, it tasted good, and looked cool!

IMG_2964

Jeff and I were just sitting on the couch talking when we heard a weird noise in the kitchen.  We looked over the halfwall to see Kalvin had gotten into the cabinet, had pulled out the dog treats had managed to get the lid off and was stuffing his face with doggy treats.  He had two in his mouth when we first went over and both fist were full of the “bacon” treats.  He didn’t mind me taking them from his hands but when I took them out of his mouth he cried.  They must be good.  Our little “Hudini” never ceases to amaze me.

IMG_2838

LOVELY HUH? This is the pretty bruise I got from our ski trip last month.  It’s funny that’s all it was, was a bruise.  It was my other knee that I actually twisted and could barely walk on for a few days. Hoping we can join Jeff’s sister and brother-inlaw in Park City next month for another ski trip. Well until next time!

1 comment:

KarenM said...

That is too funny that he was wearing his "dirt" shirt! I love hearing about your busy baby!